Make sure Skype is not running.
Run the SQL below to set it correctly.
update wp_options set option_value = ‘http://YOUR.DOMAIN’ where option_name = ‘home’ or option_name = ‘siteurl’;
Note: that the if you changed the table prefix for your installation you would need to change “wp_options” to “mytableprefix_options”.
I got used to the change list concept in SVN. In SVN, you can flag a group of files so that they are are not included in the next commit. It’s not that obvious to do that in git.
Then I found this: http://gitready.com/intermediate/2009/02/18/temporarily-ignoring-files.html
Add this alias in your .git/conf file.
ignore = !git update-index –assume-unchanged
unignore = !git update-index –no-assume-unchanged
ignored = !git ls-files -v | grep ^[a-z]
git ignore <filename> => add a file to be ignored
git unignore <filename> => allow git to include this file in the next commit
git ignored => to see the list of the ignored files.
java.lang.VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame at branch target
This was strange error when I tried to run a sample Google App Engine application. The fix being use jdk 1.6 and not 1.7.
I just got the majestouch. I’ve been waiting to get this for over 6 months.
My first impressions:
- It’s noisy. I got the brown switches which are suppose to be quieter than the blue ones. But it’s OK. I don’t plan on bringing it to work.
- I can tell I’m not used to mechanical ke yboards. I feel that I am striking too hard. The clicky feel already helps me with my accuracy – there is no need to ensure accuracy with this much power.
- I feels softer under my fingers. strange, but since I press hard with the rubber domes I tend to smash my fingers in the keys. With this keyboard, when I find my self not pressing all the way. I pull back when I feel the click.
A free RPG which only requires a browser? sweet!
- The sign up process is easy. Good! From a business point of view we can say that the conversion funnel is “strict and is short”. That’s what you want. And that’s what gamers want. Typically, those looking for free games online use ease of entry as an important metric when evaluating a game.
- Character creation is simple enough…very simple. You can be a warrior or a mage. I wonder if this is because it’s still in the BETA phase or they want you to work on unlocking other characters.
- What? I have to put a vowel in my username? take a look at the URL of this site “rxnfx”. That’s the username I use for games. Ugh, ok… I concede. I created “rxnfxe”. the “e” is for entertainment =).
- I have to say, the graphics are great. I didn’t expect this kind of detail from a free online game. The UI is simple, that’s awesome. The menu system takes 30 seconds to master.
- I have to pay to accept a Quest? what a great idea. even accepting a quest is a decision. i know back in WoW days I accepted all the quests I ran into without thinking about it. Now, I carefully read the quest to make sure I want to pay for it. The result being that I am learning what the game is about. I love it.
- Where are all the mobs? They’re a bit to spread out for my taste. The one thing that Rift did right for me was the concept of “Any thing can happen at any time. Rifts open and you’ll have to fight”. I can always count of rift opening and you have an instant group mission. WoW had problems with a lot of lull time such as walking between cities. Rift fixed all that. I think Fortune Online should incorporate something similar.
- 10 minutes into the game I started looking for companions. Where are they? I saw no one around me. It’s a lone world out and I’d rather be fighting zombies with a group of people.
RPG lovers has to try this game. It’s a simple UI, with good graphics and fun mechanics. Just try fighting some mobs, you’ll like how it plays out. I can’t wait for the production version as well as joining a community to fight the tougher mobs.
Quoted paraphrased from a book i recently read:
as a child truth was black and white,
life, cut and dried
by the time i reached college,
i was self assured about my stability
and wisdom to control whatever spots came along.
there might be pain and struggle,
but i knew i would come through.
i knew myself.
i had foundation.
i was strong. now,
several years later, i’m amazed
at how poorly i sometimes come through.
and shocked at how confused
i was in situations i always felt
convinced i could handle.
Today, truth does not stare at me
in black and white. at times
i find myself seeking with all my heart
and still remain confused.
I bought a game and could not load it. Then I found this thread:
A quote from the thread:
This problem occurs when steam has a sale and runs out of keys. Steam unethically continues to take people’s money when they do not have the product they are selling.
Unethical indeed. I’ve written to the support team. Let’s see how they fix this.
The error I was getting was:
The error I was #SteamUI_JoinDialog_KeyRequestPending_Title
I still remember the first time I dabbled with Ruby and Python. I loved working with these languages; Ruby with everything being an object and Python beiung just a pleasure to read and write. Unfortunately, I was never able to find a way to use them for work.
At work I use PHP and C# (I’m embarrassed to say that I also work with classic ASP, hence the parenthesis). Java? that was so last year. Although, I would say that Java is my strongest language. But I am starting to like PHP, just cause it’s so easy to get a website up and running.
I saw the movie “The Secret”. Supposedly, everything you have in your life you attracted. It’s the power of attraction. So, why would I push away Ruby and Python and attract PHP? Strange. I thought it would be the other way around.
I recently experienced a slow down in my yahoo mail preview pane. It would take up to 5 seconds to display a message. That’s not acceptable. I gave thought to moving to gmail as my primary email account.
Then I found this:
I noticed that when the preview pane was loading Yahoo was pinging a list of URLs. I had nothing to do with the message I was trying to view. I opted out of the “program” and sped up my yahoo experience.